Turkey Taco Salad
Yields: 4 servings per recipe
- 1 lb. ground turkey (93/7)
- 2 packets low sodium taco seasoning
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 c. spring mix
- 1 avocado, diced
- tortilla strips, crumbled
- 2 T. Girard’s Champagne vinaigrette or 1 ½ T. olive oil
- ¼ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown turkey and finish cooking according to directions on seasoning packet.
- In a large bowl, add Spring Mix, chopped tomatoes, and cheese.
- Toss with Champagne vinaigrette (add slowly).
- Separate lettuce mix into individual bowls.
- Add the Taco Mix, followed by cheese, avocado and tortilla strips.
- TIP: Add a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt. This is great with roasted corn.
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 23 grams
- Carbs: 18 grams
- Protein: 36 grams