Green Beans Almondine
Yields: 1 lb. - 4 servings per recipe
- 1 pound of fresh green beans, with the stems cut off
- 3 T. butter
- 1 cup of slivered of sliced almonds
- ¼ t. salt
- Boil the green beans in a sauce pan, with the salt, for about 4 minutes, until somewhat tender and bright green.
- Rinse cooked beans in COLD water to stop the cooking process.
- In a dry skillet, toast the almonds over medium until your nose tells you that they are ready. They should be lightly golden. To this pan, add the butter, and let melt.
- Place green beans on a platter, and top with the almond butter sauce. Enjoy!
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 20 grams
- Carbs: 5 grams
- Protein: 29 grams